- Aviemore, Scotland. The majestic Cairngorms National Park is truly rejuvenating. Start from Aviemore village and you’ll find all levels of trail including family friendly routes away from roads. If you want to make a break of it, there’s plenty of accommodation and cycle hire to boot.
- Caernarfon, North Wales. With Snowdon as your backdrop you really can’t go wrong for views… Imagine cycling the Lon Eifion trail with all the avenues of trees in full autumnal glow between the historic town of Caernarfon and the village of Bryncir. Perfect moments guaranteed.
- Delamere Forest, Cheshire. There are many cycle trails, most of them family friendly and there are great facilities including bicycle hire. Soak up the all the shades of the season as you peddle on through.
- The Phoenix Trail, Bucks. This 7 mile cycleway from Thame in South Oxfordshire to Princes Risborough in Bucks is as family-friendly as it gets. You can ride a long taking in the views of the Chiltern Hills in the autumn sunshine (fingers crossed) and pause for refreshment by Angus Ross’ sculptures. You might even see some Red Kites flying overhead.
- The Strawberry Line, Somerset. From Yatton to Cheddar this 7mile cycleway is a real treat for the senses. You’ll take in cider apple orchards around Yatton, wooded valleys, a tunnel under the Mendips and of course the Cheddar Gorge itself. Pure magic. Let Aqua Pura keep the family hydrated as you go.
You can’t beat getting out on bikes with the family. What better time than the autumn to enjoy the great British outdoors? At Aqua Pura we’ve shortlisted the top 5 spots to take in the changing scenery whilst pedalling merrily along.