Top 5 Naturally British Waterfalls
- Stead Falls, Scotland. You’ll need a bit of nerve to see this waterfall cascade down 120 feet in Glen Nevis – the walk is non too tricky but the wire bridge is not for the faint hearted.
- St Nectan’s Glen, Cornwall. Start at ‘Rock Valley Centre.’ In Trethevey. You’ll soon sense the spirituality of this sacred place. Local legend has it that the water has healing powers.
- High Force, Durham. As loud as it is stunning this waterfall powers down a 70 ft sheer drop into a plunge pool below. Respect the water.
- Aysgarth Falls, Yorkshire. Head to the Yorkshire Dales to discover the drama of Aysgarth. Drink in the pure energy of the place – especially after wet weather.
- Sgwd Yr Eira, Wales. Starting at Cwm Porth in the Brecon Beacons the public footpath will take you there. Get up close and personal – venturing behind this waterfall but don’t forget your waterproofs…